The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a personality inventory questionnaire that assigns a four-letter personality type based on your strengths and psychological preferences. The four letters represent Extrovert (E) or Introvert (I), Sense (S) or Intuition (N), Think (T) or Feel (F) and Judge (J) or Perceive (P).
The resulting 16 different personality types, such as “ENTP” or “ISFJ”, are grouped by roles: analysts, diplomats, sentinels and explorers. Your personality type reveals many things including which vehicle is best suited for you.
Analysts include the Intuitive (N) and Thinking (T) personality types and include:
- INTJ, the architect, favors a fun Jeep Wrangler, a vehicle that will let your imagination run wild as you set out on a well-planned but adventurous road trip. When searching for your ideal vehicle, be sure to check out Earnhardt Auto Center.
- INTP, the logician, will do well with a reliable and climate-adaptable Toyota 4Runner for your information gathering trips across the country.
- ENTJ, the commander, can be seen driving a Tesla, an industry-leading vehicle that matches your bold and strong-willed desire to move forward.
- ENTP, the debater, is fun yet purposeful – what better vehicle for you than a Smart Car?
Diplomats include the Intuitive (N) and Feeling (F) personality types and include:
- INFJ, the advocate, will prefer the quiet and high-performance Volkswagen Touareg TDI, a very suitable match for you both.
- INFP, the mediator, and the Volkswagen Bus are both unique, a perfect team for your drives to explore and reminisce on the beauty of the world.
- ENFJ, the protagonist, is a leader and a hero. The Range Rover Sport is the perfect car for you to make a statement with.
- ENFP, the campaigner, favors a fun, free-spirited yet functional vehicle that will make people smile. The classic VW Beetle fits that bill.
Sentinels include the Sense (S) and Judging (J) personality types and include:
- ISTJ, the logistician, is dependable and trustworthy just like your spirit vehicle, a Toyota Prius. Maybe not the showiest car on the road but, like you, it is one of the most reliable.
- ISFJ, the defender, will do well with the Ford Expedition, a vehicle that shares your focus on protection and safety for yourself and those around you. As with the Prius, it is not the flashiest vehicle but will ensure your trip is a safe one.
- ESTJ, the executive, can be seen driving an Audi A8, the mirror image of your professional and sophisticated persona.
- ESFJ, the consul, matches well with the dependable and always-ready-to help Ford F-150 truck. Your many friends will appreciate the assist.
Explorers include the Sense (S) and Perceiving (P) personality types and include:
- ISTP, the virtuoso, is well-matched with an iconic Chevy Camaro. You love to work with your hands and, after restoring this classic car, you will double your fun by driving it around to appreciative stares.
- ISFP, the adventurer, favors the Toyota Land Cruiser, a vehicle that can easily go along with your off-road journey perhaps in search of the perfect creative inspiration.
- ESTP, the entrepreneur, is smart and confident. What better car to showcase your confidence than an edgy and bold Porsche Boxster? Your ride will let you show off, just what you like.
- ESFP, the entertainer, thrives on spontaneity and adventure. The Ford Mustang is the car that can keep up with you and match your energy and power.
These are only suggestions of course but, if you are considering buying a new vehicle, what harm would it do to take the MBTI and look into your corresponding vehicle? It may end up being the car of your dreams.